SBW Berlin Scholarship for International Students, 2022-2023
SBW Berlin Scholarship is a complete award for foreign students. This award is available for undergraduate and graduate study.
SBW Berlin supports educational initiatives worldwide. We contribute to the international promotion and diffusion of education and information through our SBW Berlin Scholarship.
The SBW Berlin Scholarship helps financially disadvantaged international students who use the skills they learn during their studies in Germany to advance long-term non-profit projects, especially in their home countries.
- Course Level: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): SBW Berlin
- Location: Germany
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All fields
- Program Period: Depends on the chosen degree.
- Application Deadline: May 15 to June 30 / November 15 to December 31 (Annually)
Read Also: Netherlands Government Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
What are the Benefits of the SBW Berlin Scholarship
The SBW Berlin Scholarship provides the following incentives to the recipient:
- A room in one of our shared Berlin student apartments
- The cost of living allowance is determined according to section IX.
- Tuition costs
- Possibly also a travel allowance for your journey to Berlin prior to the start of your studies and for your journey home after your studies have concluded.
- Criteria for SBW Berlin Scholarship Eligibility
Read Also: MEXT Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
Eligibility Criteria for SBW Berlin Scholarship
To be eligible for the SBW Berlin Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the following criteria:
- Language Required: English
- All countries in the world are eligible.
- Age Restriction: 18 to 30 years old
- Applicants must be enrolled in the first, second, or maximum third semester at a state-recognized institution (in Germany or abroad), or have applied for a Master’s degree immediately before or after receiving a Bachelor’s degree. Average grades correspond to at least a 2.0-grade point average in German.
- Applicants are able to demonstrate a relatively modest net income. The overall household income of the applicants does not surpass the official average household income of their home country. All household members’ incomes and all sources of family income (such as employment, business operations, property, child benefit, and pensions) will be considered.
- Extra-curricular Activities Experience: Applicants with professional or volunteer non-profit sector experience.
How to Apply for SBW Berlin Scholarship?
- Complete the application.
- Provide your name and contact information, and upload a photo of yourself.
- Provide information regarding your present and prior educational experience.
- Provide details regarding the following:
- Your parents and other household members.
- Most recent college or university degree
- the most prestigious school leaving certificate
- highest university degree earned
- Current profession and desired profession
- Training, in the event of requests for vocational training
- Internships and work-related experience
- Your abilities, passions, and pursuits
- Travel abroad experience
- Volunteering experience
- Include the documents listed below:
- Motivation letter
- University transcript that includes your grade point average and grade overview.
copy of your highest academic degree (high school diploma or university certificate) with GPA and grade overview
- Copies of the following documents, if available:
- Evidence of university admission or qualification for university entrance
Copy of a language certificate that is globally recognized for the language in which you will be instructed
All certificates for past employment, training, apprenticeships, and internships, as well as references,
If you have already begun your studies: All have received university degrees and records of accomplishments to date (graded and ungraded)
- We propose that all applicants include the following optional supporting materials:
- one or two recommendation letters from professors, schoolteachers, etc. evidence of the net household income
(6) The application and any certifications and supporting papers must be submitted via email to email@example.com in German or English.
Each year, the final decision on whether a scholarship (beginning the next semester) will be granted can be expected at the beginning of February or August.
To know more about SBW Berlin Scholarship, please visit the official website: Please Click here