University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship 2023 For International Students
The online application procedure for the UBD Scholarship Program for the January 2023 intake is now open at the University of Brunei Darussalam. Brunei Darussalam’s UBD is a public research university. One can earn a full or part-time masters or doctoral degree in Brunei Darussalam through the Brunei University’s UBD Graduate Scholarship, which is fully funded.
In addition to Islamic Studies, Business, the Arts, Science, and Health Sciences, Brunei Darussalam University also studies Asian Cultures, Education, Biodiversity, and the integration of technologies.
University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship Brief Description
- Country: Brunei
- University: University of Brunei
- Course Level: Masters, PhD
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 31st July 2022 (January 2023 intake)
Read Also: Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship 2023
What are the Courses Offered at the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Health Sciences
- Brunei Studies
- Arts & Social Sciences
- Business & Economics
- Asian Studies
- Integrated Technologies
- Advanced Materials and Energy Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Policy Studies
Click here to know more about the specializations of each field of study
What are the Benefits of the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- A monthly stipend of BND 500.00 for a period of three years.
- Tuition at the University of Brunei Darussalam has been waived, including the registration and admission costs.
- Student housing for a period of three years.
- Funding that can be used for fieldwork (BND 1000.00 for Arts and Humanities, and BND 2000.00 for Science candidates)
- A roundtrip economy class air ticket will be offered for candidates who do not reside in Brunei Darussalam upon acceptance of the scholarship and upon completion of their studies.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- Scholarship Non-Brunei and Brunei nationals alike are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Master’s and Ph.D. degree programs are eligible for the scholarship.
- To be considered for admission to the master’s program, potential students must hold a bachelor’s degree with honors from an accredited institution.
- Candidates for the Ph.D. degree program must hold a master’s degree.
- Research proposal of high quality and effect.
- Suitable for pursuing a degree in the chosen field of study.
- As a general rule, applicants for all programs are required to have at least an O-level English credit of 6 or a grade B in IGCSE English (as a second language) or an IELTS band score of 6 or a TOEFL minimum overall score of 560 to be considered.
What are the Required Documents for the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- a certified copy of a Brunei ID card or international passport.
- Certified authentic copies of academic credentials (O-level, A-level, HND, etc.), as well as transcripts from colleges and universities (where applicable)
- as well as proof of English competence (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL, BEC, etc.); and
- Without an IELTS certificate.
- Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language
- Motivation Letter
- Candidates from other countries:
- a letter from the country of origin granting security clearance
- For non-English papers, a certified English translation must be provided (excluding Bahasa Melayu)
- After submitting your application, you can obtain a PDF copy of it.
- Applications for government employment in Brunei must be submitted to the Ministry of their particular department.
- Once you’ve completed the application, you’ll be prompted to click ‘SUBMIT.’
- Your application must be received by the application deadline.
- You are not required to send hard copies once you submit your online application.
- To apply to Universiti Brunei Darussalam, you must send official copies of your high school diplomas and GRE scores to the university’s admissions office at Tungku Link in Gadong BE1410 in Brunei Darussalam.
- On the envelope, please include your OASys Application Code.
How to Apply for the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship?
Please follow the following application instructions to win UBD Graduate Scholarship:
- Fill out the application here.
- Please save the following files as PDFs and upload them:
- Proof of academic credentials, including university transcripts (where relevant) and English proficiency certificates (IELTS, TOEFL, BEC, etc.).
- Passport from a foreign country.
- A letter of approval from the employer is required for those applying while still employed in the private or public sector (except the Ministries of Education and Religious Affairs).
- A security clearance letter from the applicant’s country of origin is required for all overseas applicants to the University.
- A certified English translation must be provided for documents that are not in English.
- Confirm the information you provided and submit your application.