University of Tasmania Scholarships 2023 for International students
Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships (TGRS) are awarded year-round to international and domestic candidates of exceptional caliber. Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarships are available across all research fields at the University of Tasmania and will be awarded to candidates who have exhibited research aptitude.
This University of Tasmania International Scholarship program is available to both international and Australian students for any diploma, bachelor’s, or master’s program provided by UTAS. The award is worth a stunning $8,000, which the chosen candidates may use for housing and financial support.
The Institution of Tasmania is an Australian public research university ranked 303rd in the world by QS Global. UTAS seeks to adapt and transform continuously to meet the difficulties and opportunities faced by students.
Brief Description of the University of Tasmania Scholarships 2023
- Course Level: Masters , PhD
- Institution(s): University of Tasmania
- Location: Australia
- Program Period: The duration of the Ph.D. program is 3.5 years, with no extension options. The period of the scholarship is shorter than the maximum tenure of candidature, which is 4 years.
Master’s degree: 2 years with no extension options.
- Deadline: March 07, 2022 / July 18, 2022, October 10, 2022
What are the Benefits of the University of Tasmania Scholarships 2023
To be eligible for the University of Tasmania Scholarship, candidates must meet all of the following criteria: Successful candidates must have completed at least four years of postsecondary study and earned at least a second-class honors degree or its equivalent.
Awards are restricted to individuals who will be pursuing a full-time research-based Masters or Doctoral degree in 2022.
Candidates must not be receiving another prize, scholarship, or salary of equivalent value in order to participate in the proposed program (if that income is greater than seventy-five percent of the base RTP stipend rate).
Income unrelated to the candidate’s Higher Degree by Research (e.g., employment income) or income received for the candidate’s Higher Degree by Research but not for general living expenses is disregarded.
Applicants who have completed a degree at the same or a higher level than the proposed candidature; and/or held an Australian Government or University-funded Postgraduate Research Award for more than 6 months are eligible to apply and will be considered in the competitive selection process; however, they will not be given preference over other applicants who have not met these requirements.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the University of Tasmania Scholarships 2023
The University of Tasmania Scholarship will provide:
- Stipend: AUD $28,597 per annum (2021 rate). This rate is indexed annually on 1st January.
- Relocation allowance: The TGRS provides an allowance to assist with costs associated with relocating to Tasmania to undertake a Higher Degree by Research up to AUD $2,000.
- Other allowances: Award holders may also receive minor awards, allowances, or other earnings which are supplementary to the Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship, or income derived from part-time work undertaken within the guidelines set by the University.
How to Apply for the University of Tasmania Scholarships 2023?
- Applicants must complete an application with the assistance of their supervisory team. If you wish to be considered for a scholarship, please note so on the application.
- Visit our Apply Now page for further steps after reviewing the scholarship information provided above. Scholarship applications will be evaluated and ranked in a competitive manner.