Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS) – New Zealand Admission 2022
The Global Research Alliance on Agricultural Greenhouse Gases (GRA) is glad to have New Zealand support its efforts by providing a Ph.D. scholarship for students from disadvantaged nations. Students from developing nations have the opportunity to travel to New Zealand to work on research projects involving the reduction of agricultural greenhouse gas emissions thanks to this scholarship.
Four doctoral studies in line with New Zealand research programs have been chosen for this unique round:
- Assessing soil carbon changes associated with land management and land use change.
- Long-term soil phosphorus fertiliser implications for soil nitrogen cycling and Greenhouse Gas emission.
- Plant and plant/microbiome traits impacting N2O emissions from soil.
- Climate Neutral Farms (ClieNFarms).
The scholarship is supported by the New Zealand Ministry for Primary Industries.
Brief Description of the Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS)
- Course Level: PhD
- Institution(s): New Zealand Universities
- Location: New Zealand
- Application Deadlines: The application is Open year-round
Available Subjects for the Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships:
Under this scholarship program, it is possible to study the following subject.
- Every Subject
What are the Benefits of the Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS)
The scholarship is fully funded
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the Global Research Alliance Doctoral Scholarships (NZ-GRADS)
- You must complete your doctoral studies in New Zealand (not from a distance)
- You are not permitted to be a citizen of or have permanent residency in either New Zealand or Australia.
- You have to come from a developing nation.
- For the most recent classification, check here. You can submit an application for a project that is open.
Applications must be completed and submitted by 30 September, 11:59 pm New Zealand time exclusively via the Education New Zealand online application portal.
To ensure swift and smooth processing of the application documents, all attachments need to be uploaded to the application portal in the form of PDF files only.
The following information must be provided, and documents must be uploaded to the application portal:
- Evidence of citizenship for every country for which you hold citizenship
- Meet the requirements to enroll in a Ph.D. program at the selected University
- Academic transcripts, grading scale, and certificate of completion
- 1 Page Motivation letter explaining why you would be the best candidate for the selected project
- CV (maximum two pages)
You will also need to provide the names and emails of two academic referees.