University Of Newcastle Australia ASEAN Excellence Scholarship 2022
To entice top performers to attend the University of Newcastle, the ASEAN Excellence Scholarship was founded. This is a merit-based scholarship that rewards candidates with good academic credentials and encourage them to keep pushing themselves to be the best version of themselves.
The following nations are included in ASEAN and their citizens are eligible for this scholarship:
- The Philippines
Scholarships will be automatically awarded to students who have received an offer to study in an eligible, non-quota program and who will commence studying with the University of Newcastle.
For more information on this scholarship, please review the scholarship Terms and Conditions.
Brief Description of the University Of Newcastle Australia ASEAN Excellence Scholarship
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Institution(s): University of Newcastle
- Location: Australia
What are the Benefits of the University Of Newcastle Australia ASEAN Excellence Scholarship
The scholarship is worth AU$10,000 for each year of full-time study, divided across all of the courses attended (pro-rata with an approved load reduction on program plan, credits exemptions, progression, or wellbeing grounds).
This is equivalent to $1250 Australian for every 10 units of study and will be applied each term as a tuition fee discount against the number of credits listed in your letter of offer.
For further information, please see the whole terms & conditions.
The advertised scholarship value and the number of available spots are simply estimates. Continual eligibility and program length will determine the actual value.
What are the Eligibility Criteria for the University Of Newcastle Australia ASEAN Excellence Scholarship
You must fulfill the requirements listed below in order to be eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- have a passport from one of the “ASEAN” nations that qualify, namely Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand, The Philippines, and Vietnam.
- beginning your studies at the University in a qualifying undergraduate or graduate coursework degree program (excluding ELICOS, Enabling, Non-Award, Higher Degrees by Research programs, and programs delivered at offshore campuses).
- Be a full-fee paying international student.
- as stated in your letter of offer, be starting a program at an Australian or online campus that qualifies.
- not receive a separate University scholarship unless a special exception has been approved in advance by the college.
- In the event that your scholarship eligibility is not maintained, you must fulfill all financial requirements as an overseas student who is paying full tuition, including the entire tuition charge and other costs for acquiring a student visa.
- not be registering for a program with an excluded quota (see selection details).
If documentation is not provided your application will not be processed. Please have all required documents available for upload as PDF, DOC, DOCX, JPEG, or JPG files prior to completing the online application process.
Please review the full terms and conditions for more detail.
The advertised value of the scholarship and the number available is indicative only. The actual value will depend on the length of the program and ongoing eligibility.
No application is required for this scholarship.
Scholarships are automatically applied for upon application to the University (where eligibility criteria is met).
Successful students will receive notification of the value of their scholarship with their offer and should review the full terms and conditions, advising the university if you do not wish to accept.
Scholarship offers will be made on the basis of academic merit. All academic merit determinations are determined according to the University’s procedures for determining ATAR and GPA.
Students who do not receive an offer of the scholarship will not be eligible for the scholarship. Internal transfer students who are studying at an Australian or Online campus and were not previously awarded the scholarship will also not be eligible.
Quota programs excluded from this scholarship are:
Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Diagnostic Radiography)
Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Nuclear Medicine)
Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science (Honours) (Radiation Therapy)
Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine
Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics (Honours)
Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
Bachelor of Oral Health Therapy
Bachelor of Pharmacy (Honours)
Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours)
Bachelor of Podiatry.
The University reserves the right not to award the scholarship.
Apply for the scholarship here